Contact lenses are available for the correction of short-sightedness, long-sightedness, astigmatism and presbyopia in all different types of wearing patterns, the most popular choice in the UK is the daily or the monthly disposable contact lens.
Daily and monthly disposables contact lenses are often referred to as dailies and monthlies. The name pertains to the wearing pattern, and as you can probably guess daily lenses are worn for a day and then thrown away, whereas monthly lenses are worn daily but stored overnight for a month and then replaced.
If you wear optician’s own-brand contact lenses you’ll be likely to find a branded equivalent of your lens from our list as many opticians buy their lenses from the big brands and repackage them under their own name.
Why choose daily contact lenses?
• Convenience – Daily contact lenses don’t require the need for additional cleaning solutions and are therefore easy to manage and look after, you just wear for a day then throw away.
• Occasional Wear – If you like to alternate between glasses and contact lenses, dailies give you more freedom to do so.
• Good for allergy sufferers – With less time for unwanted deposits to build up on the surface daily disposables are usually more comfortable for seasonal allergy sufferers.
Why choose monthly contact lenses?
• Lower cost – Monthly contact lenses usually cost less compared to dailies, even with the addition of required cleaning solutions.
• Dislike glasses and want to wear lenses frequently – If you like to wear your lenses everyday this is the cheapest way to do so.
• Continuous wear – Some monthly contact lenses referred to as extended wear lenses can be worn continuously for between 7 to 29 days. If you’re interested in extended wear lenses speak to your optician to find out if your eyes are suitable.
Best Selling Contact Lenses