Order contacts to the US without an Rx
Ordering contacts online at VisionDirect.co.uk is the cheapest, easiest and fastest way to get contact lenses delivered direct to your door. If you live in the US, ordering contact lenses can be a major headache. However, when ordering through Vision Direct, there’s no need to have your prescription verified by the eye doctor before buying your contacts.
The reason you won’t need to send us your Rx is because we operate under European law, where there is no requirement to submit your prescription before purchasing contact lenses. However, it is essential to have a valid prescription when ordering to maintain your eye health.
Want to order contact lenses without a prescription?
When you are ready to buy contact lenses without prescription, it’s super simple, our quick ordering process and easy-to-use website means you’ll be able to purchase your lenses in a matter of minutes. You don’t even need your Rx when ordering, which saves you time. Plus, our award-winning customer service team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are happy to help. We like to make sure all of our customers are satisfied, so please contact us if you have any questions or need assistance with ordering your lenses or understanding your prescription.
Call us today on 1 800 870 0741 for US customers or 020 7768 5000 for UK customers, or get in touch via web chat.
Best Selling Contacts
Can I order contacts online without a prescription?
- No Rx? No problem. If you have a valid Rx, you can order contact lenses from us today. Your order will be processed and you can expect your lenses within 5-7 working days.
- Your prescription can be found on your most recent box of lenses. If you're not sure where to find your Rx, follow our helpful guide
- If you prefer, you can send us a copy of your prescription. If you do, we'll confirm it with your eye care provider. This may delay your delivery by 2-3 days, but can be good reassurance if you think your prescription might have changed. If your prescription has changed, book an eye test before ordering contact lenses online.
- Once your eye exam is complete your eye doctor will be able to provide you with a copy of your prescription. You can then order from us straight away.
- When you order contacts online, you should always use your most recent prescription. This must have been issued to you by your eye doctor in the last two years. This is to ensure your lenses have the necessary correction power needed, and that they fit your eyes comfortably.
How to order contacts to the US without an Rx
The Fairness to Contact Lens Consumers Act (FCLCA) gives you the unconditional right to your prescription details, so you can order contacts without prescription verification from the retailer of your choice. This means you don’t have to buy lenses from your eye doctor, but you can save time and money buying contacts online.
In the United States, every citizen should receive a copy of their contact lens prescription on completing an eye test. Some eye doctors will attempt to place barriers in front of you to prevent you from receiving obtaining your Rx. However, your prescription should be willingly given to you by your eye doctor without charge or delay.
Summary of the Fairness to Contact Lens Consumers Act
The Fairness to Contact Lens Consumers Act (FCLCA) gives all contact lens wearers the following rights:
'When a prescriber completes a contact lens fitting, the prescriber whether or not requested by the patient shall provide to the patient a copy of the contact lens prescription.'
'A prescriber may not require purchase of contact lenses from the prescriber or from another person as a condition of providing a copy of a prescription.'
'A prescriber may not require payment in addition to, or as part of, the fee for an eye examination, fitting, and evaluation as a condition of providing a copy of a prescription.'
*source Fairness to Contact Lens Consumers Act
How to read your contact lens prescription
If you need any help finding the prescription of your lenses, read our guide to
or watch the video below.
Vision Direct reviews from the USA
Our US customers are some of our happiest, don’t believe us? Check out some of their reviews.
"Ordered as a US customer & my contacts arrived 2 days earlier than expected. Didn’t want to pay the eye doctor a ridiculous amount of money to tell me my prescription was the same & do nothing to benefit me. Decent price. Happy with the entire experience!"
Anne - April 2019
"The service was exceptional! Ordering was a breeze and my contacts arrived to the US much faster than when I order them from my ophthalmologist. Will definitely be ordering from Vision Direct again."
Gayle - April 2019
"Great service and prices. I live in the US and the contacts cost me less (including rapid shipping) than they were costing me in the US, without the idiotic requirement of having to upload a prescription (a scam perpetuated by opticians in the US)."
Srin - April 2019
Page updated 04/06/2019