It’s the most wonderful time of the year, packed full of fun activities to enjoy with your friends and family. One of our favourite things to do is get a bit hands-on with some festive arts and crafts, whether it’s making decorations or putting together a wishlist for Santa that’s sure to catch his eye. This year, we want you to join us!
Do you ever find at Christmas that your kids end up messing around with the boxes more than the presents that came in them? Well, we wanted to actively encourage more of this so we’re providing something to help you turn your ordinary Vision Direct order into some brilliantly handcrafted Christmas decorations.
For the next couple of weeks, we’ll be including a template for your very own homemade Xmas tree decoration in every order. All you need to do is pop the two halves of the tree out and use them as a template to draw on your Vision Direct box. Then, get creative decorating your awesome personalised Christmassy creation.
If you’ve already ordered your lenses for the month, don’t worry, you can still join in with the festive fun. Just download the file below and you can print off your templates.
How to enter the competition
Once you’ve treated your tree to a Christmas makeover, we want to see it! Share a picture on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtags #christmascrafted and #visiondirectuk and your decorations will be entered into our competition.
What you can win
We’re all about saving money at Vision Direct, so we thought it made sense to reward your homemade handicrafts with something to help you save over the Christmas period. Hopefully a £250 Amazon voucher prize will help reduce the cost of this year’s pressies! Please see below for terms and conditions.
Your entries will be judged by our craft-blogging companion, Jemma from www.dorkface.co.uk - the final entry date for consideration is Sunday, December 17th.
Happy crafting and good luck!
How to get #christmascrafted with Vision Direct this Christmas
There are 2 ways you can go about getting crafty with us this Xmas:
- If you’ve just placed an order or are about to, you’ll receive a festive postcard inside your box to use.
- If you’ve already bought your Christmas contacts and still have your box to recycle, you can download this handy PDF file with the tree-shaped templates.
You can also download the template if you received the postcard, as there are some extra different sizes for you to get even more creative.
Let's get started...
- Punch out the tree shapes from the card you found in your box, or print out the PDF and cut them out with scissors.
- Place the tree shapes on any part of your Vision Direct box and draw around them to create the 2 halves which will form your crafty Christmas tree.
- Make sure you cut each piece down the middle, following the dotted lines in the template, so you can join the two halves and create a tree that will stand strong.
- Now the real fun begins! Whether it’s covering your tree in glitter or gluing decorations on, create a crafted tree that stands out from the crowd. If you’re looking for some extra inspiration, check our social media profiles where we’ll be sharing what other customers and craft bloggers have been creating.
- Share to enter the competition! Take pictures of your Christmassy creation and share them on social media. Just make sure you use hashtags #christmascrafted and #visiondirectuk on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram - or all of them
- Read on to see all T&Cs
Terms and conditions
- This promotion is open to all residents in the UK, excluding employees of Vision Direct, their agents or anyone who is professionally associated with this promotion.
- Entry to the competition is possible via the following social media channels:
Entrants may not enter multiple times. Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
The prize consists of one £250 Amazon voucher. There will also be 3 additional runners-up prizes of one £50 Amazon voucher each.
The promotion is open between 8am on Monday 4th December, until 23:59 Sunday 17th December 2017.
There will be one winner selected by the allocated judge.
The prize is as stated and cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond their control.
The winners will be notified on Wednesday 20th December via private message, and a comment on the winning post on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram. In the event of the claim for a prize not being received by the promoter within 24 hrs of such notification, the promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
The winner will be announced on the VisionDirect.co.uk Facebook, Twitter and Instagram profiles.
By entering the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and the winners consent to participate in any reasonable publicity required for and on behalf of the promoter.
Upon entry, all copyright is transferred to the promoter.
- Facebook: 'Like' the VisionDirect.co.uk Facebook page and upload the photo of your entry using the hashtags #christmascrafted and #visiondirectuk.
- Twitter: 'Follow' @Visiondirect_UK and upload the photo of your entry using the hashtags #christmascrafted and #visiondirectuk.
- Instagram: ‘Follow’ @visiondirect and upload the photo of your entry using the hashtags #christmascrafted and #visiondirectuk.
PROMOTER: Vision Direct, 6 Camden High St, London, NW1 0JH